Gallery of 41 Vinyl Tiles For Kitchen
12 Frequently Asked Questions About Self StorageWhether you are moving to a new home or are looking to free up some space in your home or office, making use of a self storage facility can be your best storage solution. Self storage is widely used today, but there are certain important things that you need to know to make your self storage experience a really pleasant one. Here are some of the most frequently asked self storage related questions along with their answers.
1. Who Uses Self Storage?- Homeowners who are moving out for vacations - People who have moved into a new city for a work assignment - Business owners who are looking for extra storage space for stock - People who are refurnishing their homes and need temporary storage space - People who have downsized their homes and are looking for temporary storage space before they can decide what to do with the extra belongings that they do not need
2. What Items Can Be Stored In A Self Storage?Almost any kind of belongings can be stored in self storage. This can include furniture items, sports equipments, fitness equipments, RVs, documents, paper clutter, wines, clothing, home furnishing, papers, office stuff, automobiles, etc. generally, anything as small as a file or as big as a car can be stored in a self storage facility.
3. Is There Good Levels of Security?You must remember that only padlocks and security gates will not necessarily stop burglars from entering. It has been proven that a large number of burglaries in self storage facilities are a result of an inside job. In most cases, these burglars are regular customers just like you who have rented a storage unit and carry out their activity when it is the right time to do so. They enter the self storage facility just like a regular customer and cut the padlocks of different units with bolt cutters and replace these padlocks with their own. Once they have done this, they can come back at anytime through the security gate and take other s belongings. If you want to avoid this kind of nightmare, it is important for you to find out if the self storage facility uses cylinder locks rather than padlocks and if they have installed alarms on every door in their facility. Moreover, ensure that they have surveillance cameras covering as much space as possible within the facility.
4. What Are The Fees and Discounts?There are many self storage facilities which offer a low rate at the beginning and raise their rates a few months after you have moved your belongings in. Before you choose a facility, ask the manager about their move in rates and how often their increase their rates. Self storage fees will vary depending on your storage needs. If you need a large storage unit, you should expect to pay a higher price as well. Sizes usually range from 5 x 5 foot to 10 x 40 foot. Whether you are looking to store a box of books or a car, you will have to pay depending on the size you choose. You can save money with careful planning. A large number of people end up paying more money than that is needed. This is because they choose storage units which are too big for their belongings. If you plan carefully and pack your items properly, you will be able to determine the kind of storage space you will need. Storage units come in different sizes and with different prices. By choosing a self storage unit that is the right size for your belongings, you will be able to save money.
5. What Unit Size Do I Need?This will depend on the amount of items you are looking to store. If you have already planned what items you will be putting in storage, try to arrange them in way so you can determine the size of unit that you will need. Packing them in boxes can help you get an idea of the size of unit that you should rent. Moreover, you can also seek assistance from the self storage representatives. They will be able to help you find a suitable storage unit for your needs.
6. What Must I Know About Self Storage Contracts?You must also know about the contracts. Most self storage companies will require you to make an upfront deposit. Deposits such as any rental agreements, use of equipment for example moving blankets during the rental period and cover damage. This amount will normally be refunded back to you when the contract expires.
7. What Are The Types of Self Storage Available?There are two main types of self storage. This includes indoor storage and shed storage. Indoor storage is usually temperature regulated and has insulated walls. This provides protection against environmental damages such as fire. Shed storage are not insulated or temperature regulated. This makes renting indoor storage units expensive.
8. Do I Need A Climate Controlled Unit?Climate controlled self storage will protect your belongings from extreme weather conditions. This is especially true if you are looking to store belongings such as wooden furniture and clothing items. When these items are stored in standard storage units for long periods of time, it is not surprising to see mildews on the fabric and warped wood. If you are looking to provide added protection to your belongings, choose a self storage facility which is climate controlled. A climate controlled facility basically includes heating and air conditioning units to maintain a consistent climate within the facility.
9. Can I Get Insurance For My Belongings?Most self storage companies do not provide insurance against any damages or losses. There are some which provides optimal insurance which covers against environmental damages such as lightning, fire, water leakage, smoke, hail and tornado. However, not all the items that you store will be covered under the insurance plan. Such items may include jewellery, precious stones, stamps, card collections, art, currency, etc.
10. What Is The Rental Period?The minimum rental period in most of the self storage facility is one month. You can store your items in the facility for one, two months, one year or for any length of time.
11. Are All The Self Storage Facilities The Same?First of all, you must understand that not all self storage facilities are the same. For example, if you live in Leeds, you will find hundreds of self storage facilities in your area. But, will all of them offer the same level security, availability, cleanliness and customer service. There are numerous differences between the different self storage facilities and knowing these differences can help you make the right choice.
12. What Are Self Storage Auctions?A self storage auction is held when a person has abandoned goods in a storage facility and has failed to pay rent. An auction is held to recover the costs, unpaid fees, rent, etc. Even if people cannot pay for the storage unit in cash, self storage facilities allow them to auction their goods to pay off bills which are due.